It’s been a long time since the switch happened, but you still hear rumblings about it. Although these days, those rumblings are happening on Hangouts – how’s that for irony?
Having group conversations in Google Hangouts is one of its coolest features. I mean, it sure beats going into the office every day. Video calls can include up to 25 people, and you can dial in from anywhere as long as you are connected to the internet. (Pro Tip: dress shirt and sweatpants!)
What are we waiting for? Let’s create a group conversation on Hangouts!
How to create a new group conversation
Psst, you can also do all of this from both within Gmail and from Shift.
1. Launch Shift
2. Navigate to “Google Services” in the top right-hand corner
3. Go to “Hangouts”
4. Hit “New conversation” and then “New group”
5. Enter the email addresses and phone numbers of the people you want to add
6. Click on the green check mark to create the group
Note: If you already have people added to your contacts, you don’t have to input their email addresses – just click their names.
How to add more people to the group
There are TWO ways you can do this – both easy, both catering to personal preferences.
1. At the top of the chat box you want to add people to, click the gear icon
2. Check “Joining by link”
3. Click “Copy link”
4. Share the link with whomever you want to add
Note: Turning off a shared link is just as easy. Just uncheck “Joining by link.”
1. In the group conversation, click “People” and then “Add People”
2. Enter their names, numbers, or email addresses
3. Select their names
4. Click “Add people”
How to remove people from the group
We’re sure you have your reasons, so we won’t ask you why.
Here are the steps:
1. Inside of the group conversation, click “People” icon
2. Find the person you want to remove
3. Click on the x icon beside the name
4. Confirm by clicking on the red “Remove” button
Wasn’t that almost too easy? Try planning your next games night via Google Hangouts in Shift!