Eight years ago, WhatsApp became the great bridge between iPhone users and Android users. It was a way to message your friends in different countries regardless of the operating system of their devices. As a result, it was easily adopted and is now the most popular messaging app with over 1.5 billion users.
WhatsApp is the great conqueror of message applications, especially with its flawless cross-platform group chat system. The best part? You can also use the WhatsApp desktop app right in Shift. Having a messaging platform on your computer can also make all of the difference. Instead of running to your phone every time you get a message, it can be read without leaving your workstation.
Creating a group chat in WhatsApp Desktop
1. Go to the three dots at the top of your list
2. Click New group
3. Select who you want in the group
4. Click the green arrow
Adding a photo and group name
As soon as you’ve selected the participants, the new group screen will come up by default.
1. Click the circle that says ADD GROUP ICON
2. Choose whether to take a photo or upload an existing photo
3. Type the name of your group into the Group Subject (you can change this at a later date)
4. Hit the green check mark
Adding a group description
1. Navigate to the three dots at the top right of the screen
2. Click Group info
3. Hit the pencil sign beside Description
4. Enter anything you like – even my phone number! (Not really…)
Adding more members to the group
1. Click the three dots > Group info
2. Scroll down until you see Add participant
3. Select who you want to add
Organizing an event will never be difficult again—no more duplicate presents or potluck menus! We can finally end the battle between green and blue text bubbles with Shift and WhatsApp desktop.