You did know it was possible to sign into multiple Slack workspaces at once using one Slack account, right? If not, you aren’t the only one. In fact, for those who work for a single employer, this function might not be crucial to you. However, for freelancers who work on multiple projects with multiple clients, it’s plain to see why Slack is at the head of its game.
Unlike programs from way-back-when, you don’t need five different accounts in order to join five different teams. Additionally, the setup process is incredibly easy within Shift or regular desktop app.
How to sign in to multiple Slack accounts
👉 With Shift
1. Launch Shift then click on the plus icon to “Add Application.”
2. Search and select Slack from the app directory.
3. When prompted, input the “Team Domain” and add the “Account Name”(optional).
4. Enter your e-mail and password to sign in.
Note: In Shift, you can select a color for each of your accounts – mix it up so you know which workspace to open!
👉 Without Shift
1. Go to the Slack web portal or open your Slack desktop app.
2. Click your workspace name at the upper left-hand side of the app.
3. Select “Sign in to another workplace …”
4. Enter the Slack URL of the team you want to sign in to.
5. Enter your e-mail and password to sign in.
If you like learning new productivity tricks for Slack, check out our blog post on “How to Use Slack More Efficiently” also!